DNP-804-ECONOMICS & FIN. ASPECTS OF HEALTHCARE
MODULE 5 DQ
Module 5: Discussion – A Financial and Ethical Dilemma
Prompt: In 600 Words
You are the chief nursing executive for a small rural clinic that provides contraception services to low-income individuals. An insurer, providing care under the Affordable Care Act (ACA), has rejected paying the claims, stating that they are a not-for-profit religious organization and are not obliged to cover these services. You check your records and find that nonpayment for contraception places a significant financial burden on the clinic. These individuals do not have access to any other health care services in the region.
· What would you do to advocate for the patients of the clinic affected by the change?
· How do you justify your actions based on legal and ethical guidelines? Be sure to support your position with a scholarly source.
Click to open the article below:
Salganicoff & Sobel (2018): Abortion Coverage in the ACA Marketplace Plans: The Impact of Proposed Rules for Consumers, Insurers and Regulators
Module 5: Assignment 1 – Financial SWOT Analysis
Online Assignment (IN 4 PAGES)
Prompt: In 4 Pages, excluding the Demographic & Reference Pages
SWOT Analysis ~ to analyze the financial capability and position of the organization to support your business proposal. This analysis may inform the other options mentioned in the proposal.
A SWOT analysis is used in the planning stage of project management to identify the internal strengths and weaknesses, as well as the external opportunities and threats related to a project. In a SWOT analysis, the first step is to clarify the goal of the project you have set your aim and can restate it here. The next step is to systematically evaluate favorable and unfavorable factors related to the goal of the project.
1. Download and use the SWOT analysis template: Module 5_Template_SWOT Analysis.docx ATTACHED
2. Post your financial SWOT analysis for your proposal in the assignment area.
3. Refine your SWOT based on feedback from your instructor for the Executive Summary Assignment in Module 7.
This activity is aligned with course outcomes 1 and 2.
Module 5: SWOT Analysis Rubric
Module 5: SWOT Analysis Rubric
This criterion is linked to a Learning Outcome Financial Strengths
Exceptionally clear; includes available resources or assets, unique qualities or services offered
This criterion is linked to a Learning Outcome Financial Weaknesses
Concise, identifies lack or scarcity or resources, this includes human resources, resource allocation, reimbursement challenges, uses financial terms, concepts
This criterion is linked to a Learning Outcome Financial Opportunity
Clearly described opportunity, new service, new technology, an emerging market, a lack of competition
This criterion is linked to a Learning Outcome Financial Threat
May include changes in population, variable reimbursement, unknown insurance or changes in the ACA, external factors like economic or government shutdown/slowdown
Total Points: 50
· Waxman, K. (2022). Financial and business management for the doctor of nursing practice (3rd ed.). Springer Publishing LLC.
· Read Chapters 12 and 13
· Review the ANA Code of Ethics for Nurses With Interpretive Statements (View Only for Members and Non-Members
Download the PowerPoint presentation below and use them to take notes on the assigned reading in the Waxman and Knighten 3rd Ed. text for Chapter 12 and 13:
Chapter 12_Legal, Ethical, and Policy Issues.pptx ATTACHED
Chapter 13_Project Management for Nurse Leaders.pptx ATTACHED
Additional Lecture Materials
· Click this link to read the KFF Article entitled: Abortion Coverage in the ACA Marketplace Plans: The Impact of Proposed Rules for Consumers, Insurers and Regulators